[ult_infobox color=”#ffffff” backgroundcolor=”#2C2976″ bordercolor=”#FED801″ icon=”comments_check” ]Highlights care of UPI Exec. Management and U-Team Member, Rod Ambrose[/ult_infobox]
I trust you all had an enjoyable and restful holiday weekend, even if not completely wedded to the concept of American Independence! Last week was a natural progression as week four ended as a short one on Wednesday for our camp.
Our routine now focuses on “The Me Nobody Knows” the journal writings of the Cadets.
Billy & Michelle conducted a writing intensive with the Cadets, which has yielded some very profound and moving expressions from these young men!
Coach Payton conducted a very energetic “Up On Game” session at Harmon Park Gym and believe it when we say he teaches life lessons and works these guys as well as have them compete for GIANT PRIZES like Big colorful bottle of Gator Aide, or a Big Bag of Cheese Puffs! Do not under estimate how fiercely they complete for these treasured items, most important in the daily lives of teen agers!!!
Hank shared a final “TALKING DRUM” on the LAW OF HABIT and with consideration informed the Cadets that he was leaving the state on a family emergency and wil most likely be returning for the Teen Leadership Camp Recognition Ceremony on the evening of Friday July 24th.
On Thursday the camp was closed as Frank , Betty, Michelle & Rod on the invitation of the YOUNG LIFE ORGANIZATION travelled to THE LOST CANYON CAMP in Northern Arizona. A written report would fail to describe the experience. In our upcoming U-TEAM session we shall collectively update everyone!
I do greatly appreciate all of you for your time, energy and consistency over the past four weeks. However, the next few weeks actually represent a critical period in our camp programming. Even though a few of us will be conducting the daily practices which takes the place of our Talking Drum speeches on the LAWS OF ACHIEVEMENT it will be during drill routines that Cadets will hear a capstone of the 9 Laws that we have covered over these weeks and finally concluding next week with the LAW OF (Community) SERVICE.
There are some very crucial dates (Red Letter) dates that I would like for all of our U-Team:
- Wednesday, July 15th from 9:00AM till 12:30PM. That will be the special day that we need to have our entire U-TEAM show up for a photo shoot, the field trip that is being sponsored for BOWLING & a whole lot more. I shall have 20 tickets so that we can all be present.
- On Wednesday evening, July 22nd from 6:00PM till 7:30PM will be the only time we shall conduct a special rehearsal for Cadets and U-TEAM Facilitators in the “I AM A STATISTIC” presentation that will be showcased during the SUMMER TEEN LEADERSHIP RECOGNITION CAMP Friday July 24th from 6:00PM to 8:00PM. For a reference point please Google The New Jersey NAACP’s “I AM A STATISTIC”.
What our Cadets have been learning to recite so far follows below.
- Ø MY DREAM IN LIFE IS TO BECOME….. BECAUSE
- Ø IF I COULD CHANGE ONE THING ABOUT THE WORLD IT WOULD BE
- Ø THE STORY OF MY TROUBLE BEGAN…..WHAT I LEARNED FROM IT IS
Within the action context of paramilitary drill the Cadets will chant in rhythm the following:
- Ø WATCH YOUR WORDS
- Ø PROMISE YOURSELF
- Ø I AM SOMEBODY
Mr. Billy is at this time taking these writings and conceptualizing a script. Our plan is to have Betty & or Michelle to type this composition and make the scripts available to the Cadets no later than 11:30AM Tuesday morning. During all of these things anyone who owns a camera is welcomed to appear any of the next several camp days and please capture as many photos as humanly possible for the journal that Betty will be working diligently to produce.
ALL the BEST!