[ult_infobox color=”#ffffff” backgroundcolor=”#2C2976″ bordercolor=”#FED801″ icon=”comments_check” ]Highlights care of UPI Exec. Management and U-Team Member, Rod Ambrose[/ult_infobox]
Thank you for another compelling week of Leadership Camp.
To briefly summarize:
- Cadets did review assignments from our SANKOFA assignments
- Each Cadet selected a quotation by a famous leader of the past or current day.
- After reading aloud and explaining to the group what the quotations meant, they are charged with researching these famous leaders, answering questions; who he was, where was he born and raised, what was his leadership style and the impact o his leadership on the period of time in which he or she lived.
- This exercise will be completed over the course of next week.
- Cadets completed their writing on Essay II “IF I COULD CHANGE ONE THING ABOUT THE WORLD…IT WOULD BE!!!”
- Next week they will begin speaking these essays adding them to their SANKOFA expressions.
- Frank modeled appropriate methods of using the speakers’ lectern; eye contact with audience and modulating vocals.
- Terry & Hank covered “The Law of Habit” and engaged Cadets in an effective discussion increasing their understanding about the importance of building the best practices and habits in order to achieve more success in their daily lives.
- Oscar transported Cadets to and from “Up On Game” workshops at Harmon Park Tuesday & Thursday and took a few Cadets home following sessions. “Up On Game” focused on personal assets of honesty, hard work and fair play.
- Michelle is continuing to follow up on application & pre-post Surveys. She has also consistently managed our Breakfast & Lunch routines.
Follow Unified Progress International Education’s board Summer Camp 2015 – Elite Youth Leadership on Pinterest.
- Camp resumes with SANKOFA exercises and “THE ME NOBODY KNOWS” essays on changing the world.
- Frank Crump (CEO of UPI) will provide a “TALKING DRUM” speech Monday Morning June 15, from 10:00 – 11:30AM
- Attorney Gerald Richard (Assistant to the Chief of Police) (Former Gang Prosecutor) will provide a “TALKING DRUM” speech addressing “WHAT TO DO WHEN (Not IF) A YOUNG MAN OF COLOR IS STOPPED BY THE POLICE” on Thursday, June 18th Between 11:40AM & 12:15PM
- Sebastian will continue with Coaching on the co-relationship between the Losing / Failing mentality versus the Winning / Successful mentality. Following the discussion basketball drills and then revenge 3 on 3’s and like we did last Thursday; 5 on 5 whole court.
- Billy next week will bring us to Essay III “THE STORY OF MY TROUBLE BEGAN” “WHAT I LEARNED FROM THE EXPERIENCE IS…”
- Best time for the “Me Nobody Knows” Journaling sessions is before or after Lunch times.
AS ALWAYS EACH PERSON ON OUR U-TEAM MAKE UP THE HEART & SOUL OF THE CAMP.
GOD BLESS EACH OF YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY & SERVICE.