2nd Vice President
Maxine Thompson Hill, a native of Detroit, Michigan, attended the Detroit Public School System, graduating from Northeastern High School. Following a career path in accounting, working a full time job, attended Walsh College of Accounting. In June, 1973, the Bachelor of Science in Education degree and in 1979, the Master of Education degree was conferred by Wayne State University. In 1973 joined the Detroit Board of Education, as a Teacher Coordinator in Distributive Education, at Northeastern High School. (K-12 Certified)
An innovative and seasoned Senior Executive and Consultant with a successful background in problem resolution, profit optimization, sales methods and training. I developed an exceptional ability to motivate others on all levels in the achievement of individual and organizational goals. I have more than 30 years of successful, progressive experience in all phases of strategic planning. I am recognized as a hands-on, pro-active troubleshooter, who can rapidly identify business problems, initiate change, and implement new processes in a challenging and diverse environment.
Positions and Companies:
- Special Projects Assignment for Maricopa Community Colleges, Tempe, AZ
- Career Advisor for Estrella Mountain Community College, Avondale, AZ
- Customer Service Manager, for Xerox Corp., Southfield, MI; Milwaukee, WI; Des Plaines, IL
- Sales Representative for National Computer Systems, IL Medical Billing Consultant for Dr. Zamin Rizavi, Physician, Evanston, IL
- Human Resources and Office Manager for Recor Inc. , Evanston, IL
- Housing Specialist for Federal Emergency Management Disaster Program, Midwest Region
Served as Adjunct Faculty in the College of Business Administration:
- Wayne County Community College
- University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee Extension
- Chicago State University
- Elected Trustee of Oakton Community College, Des Plaines, Illinois, 1995 and 2000 and served as an advisor to student trustees, State treasurer for two years.
- Vice chair for Oakton for two years, Secretary for two years and was elected board chair in November 2000.
- Elected Vice President of the Illinois Association of Community College Trustees Appointed Central Region Chair for the National Association of Community College Trustees
Community Service Continues: Goodyear, AZ
- Served on several City of Goodyear Committees, however received special recognition for “outstanding effort & Commitment to the Ethics Committee.”
- Elected to the Agua Fria Union High School District #216 and served as Board President in 2013, 2015 Elected as ASBA/Black Caucus president in 2014 and currently serving.